Dec 2, a warm welcome to EBLP

On a gray morning, this morning in drizzly  December, members of the East Bay Landscape Painters group were not dissuaded from painting by tough conditions. In fact, we painted in spite of the foggy weather, the cold feet in our shoes and a landscape that could hardly be called easy to paint. We were at Meekers Slough, a favorite EBLP spot. It's an easy place to see birds and water and lucky for me, when I arrived late around 11:30, the scene had settled, the fog had lifted, and the water had risen. Rumor has it, the marsh dried up earlier in the day which presented significant challenges to those who now had to paint a totally different scene. Fortunately the artists gracefully made adjustments: two pairs of gloves for the cold, hat for the sun, and my favorite, multiple canvasas and paintings for the temperamental  weather.

I really enjoyed my first painting experience painting with the EBLP today and was so inspired by the work of everyone there.

Painting 1: oil on canvas Meekers Slough (l2/2/13)
Painting 2: oil on canvas Meekers Slough (11/30/13)


4 comments:

  1. Nice one, but I only see one that doesn't look like Meeker Slough. I'm probably showing my ignorance, but how do I see the other one(s) mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glald to see your post. Welcome. I think the other one was not posted. I love the way the clous hangs over the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, for some reason I can't figure out how to post the second one. Oh well, how about I send it in an email?...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. galway carpentry galway carpentry

    ReplyDelete