Cabin on the beach at China Camp


This is about the fourth time this month that I have been to China Camp State Park. I felt obligated to do something in the village, a building or boat or something there on the beach. No water this time just the hint of tidal action on the beach.

I struggled with the background trees above the cabin, but decided they were background and forget it. The rest of the painting worked out OK. I am trying to mix colors on the paper and maintain the transparency of the paint. I am feeling a bit more comfortable with the new palette of colors that I have been using now, but have some way to go to really feel at ease and knowledgeable.

1 comment:

  1. Larry,
    Another strong painting. The use of perspective on the dirt road creates a wonderful sense of depth, and the light/shadows of the buildings and trees reads perfectly. Great job.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete