El Chalatec, Hellings & San Pablo


While I was painting this, an old guy came up and was impressed that I was working so hard. I said I was doing it for fun. His answer was that it was to cold to be fun. Of course, that was for sure. I ended up doing a lot of the painting back at the ranch.

Recently I've been studying the paintings of Jean Michel Basquiat, a young artist with a short but powerful career in the 80's. I also attended the last day of the Japanese Print Show at the Palace of Legion of Honor. Towards an upcoming workshop my painting are becoming increasingly experimental - therefore not always my strongest – but still intriguing to paint. You can see the beginnings here and of the above influences.

Marilyn Hill
Watercolor
15 X 11"

marilynhill.com

No comments:

Post a Comment