Cummings Skyway

Open Land off Cummings Skyway 30" x 36" 2011
We have been trying to get to this location for the last several Monday sessions. I started this painting a couple years ago, during the hottest time of summer, when there had been an electrical fire under one of the power towers. (You can see it toward the right hand side of the painting.) This summer I went back and finally was able to finish it!
When I last drove past, little bits of green were starting to poke through the golden turf, and there was little wind.



 Betsy Kendall

1 comment:

  1. This painting seems very strong. I think it is the simple composition that works well and makes it feel complete. Yet there is enough complexity in the colors to keep you looking. Makes me want to go there again. Hope we can make it this Monday

    ReplyDelete