Emeryville Marina








While I was painting this view of the water and boats, a nice professional photographer, Nick Sebastian, engaged me in conversation. He took pix of our group and here they are. That's Rebeca in the beige hat.

The water level changed a lot while I was painting. When I started out, the water was so low that rocks and mud were visible (as you can see from the photo of my painting-in-progress). But after a couple of hours had passed, the water rose enough to cover all of that, as shown in the finished painting. This was a little frustrating, but the underwater detail I established early probably helped make the water look more realistic later on.


Diana Blackwell

1 comment:

  1. This painting of Emeryville Marina is one of my better ones, I think, so please consider using it to represent me.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete