Point Molate Whaling Station


All that is left are some rotting posts of the pier of the old whaling station. We were at the San Pablo Yacht Club looking West. Leslie Wilson and I did pretty much the same scene in two different styles. I like her sky and the way she colors into the hillside. The sun was lower that summer so it wasn't too bad painting with no shade this time. The paint dried faster than I expected and I didn't get the hazy atmosphere behind the distant hills in Marin County. When I got home, I felt like I needed some reflections in the water, but I didn't actually see any at the time. Getting there was a challenge on that road. Its potholes were patched so soften there were more patches than road. It was very bumpy and narrow. You definitely wouldn't want to drive it at night after a couple of drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment