Seven Days Ago at Lake Anza


I sold this painting days later to a nice couple who was walking their dogs on the same path I was painting. I began this bigger (18 x 24") sunny version the first week, but I was not able to finish and when I got home I was not happy with some reflections on the water. I brought it back the following week, but the day was overcast because we were expecting a storm. Lake Anza looked positively dark by the time we walked down to the shore. I had to imagine what the water would look like if it was a sunny day, and was able to complete it. Rebeca

1 comment:

  1. The temperatures are very different in the 2 scenes of the lake. I really like this one - the bright green of the backlit trees behind Fran and the wonderful deep reflections that are so calming and intersecting waves.

    ReplyDelete